There are blessings stored up for you and your family but they are behind locked doors. The key of thankfulness unlocks blessings for you and your family.
I am definitely not a stranger to losing keys. I once lost a whole set of keys (house, car, etc.) in my house that was never recovered. My only thought is they were down inside a couch that I sent to Goodwill. One key I never want to lose, however, is the Key of Thankfulness. While reading through Psalm 118 I was recently reminded of all the doors this key will open and all that is locked away for me behind them.
That’s Not Fair! This is the cry we often give or hear when someone doesn’t have things go their way.
Sadly our children hear us complain more than they hear us give thanks; we have opened the wrong door and need to close it. The door of “That’s Not Fair!” has allowed Satan to blind the eyes of our children to a false definition of fairness. We seemed to have lost the art of being thankful not only for ourselves but also for others. It is the key of thankfulness that unlocks blessings. If we want real blessings to flow in the lives of our children we must teach them to use it.
The Ultimate Video Game
As I was meditating on Psalm 118 taking it all in and praying about how to teach this to my children, the Lord began to show me it was like a video game and that the Key of Thankfulness would open new levels. So I wrote a little and then shared my idea with my then 10 year old who is all about gaming and writing games of his own.
As I talked, his eyes begin to light up and he started pacing around the room like he often does when his creativity is flowing. He began to relate the points that I will give below to actual game scenarios and I could see that he was getting it.
I believe that is what the Bible means when it says “train a child in the way he goes”. We must relate truths of the Bible to their world. At least that’s how Jesus did it. So hopefully these gaming insights will help you and your children discover the true power of The Key of Thankfulness.
The objective of the game is to make it through victoriously. We have a false perception of the way God wants us to live. Many people feel that living a humble Christians life is just being happy with what you get and loving others no matter how hard life gets. We were not meant to just struggle through life getting slapped and turning the other cheek. God intends for us to be victorious, more than conquerors, and to live an abundant life that shows His glory and power and draws others to Him. Poverty just isn’t a very good draw. Therefore, the object of our game is to find hidden doors that take you to the next level. Each level contains blessings for your life and you can collect all 12 blessings! These blessings include power-ups, specialized weapons, and rewards to insure that you come out a Winner!
The Key of Thankfulness Unlocks Blessings!
The first door you will find is not a fancy one; it is wooden and a little worn. One might just disregard it thinking that it took you to the basement; however, if you look closely you will find this inscription.
Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good and His Love Endures Forever.
Even when things don’t look their best, we can put our trust in God and give Him thanks for the things we have: His provision, creative power, and most certainly His unfailing never ending love. Once you put this key into action you will enter a new level where you will find INVINCIBILITY. I didn’t say you wouldn’t have enemies or battles to fight, but as you give thanks to the Lord in the midst of your battles you are promised to receive the following blessings.
Unlock the First Four Blessings
- Super Team-Up – The Lord will team-up with you. He will help you fight your battles so that you should fear no one!
- Home Base – In the midst of the battle, the Lord will provide a place of refuge. This is access to His secret place, a safe spot to strategize and get instruction from the Creator.
- Health and strength – While spending time with the Creator gaining information and instruction, your health is restored and strength will be renewed. Eat and drink the Word and hide it in your heart for the hard times to come.
- Power-Up – New weapons are available to you. The Battle Ax and the Flame Thrower! These weapons allow you to defeat swarms of enemies in one swoop. They can only be activated when you use them in the name of the Lord.
Once these battles have been won, don’t take the credit for them yourself.
The next door is just ahead and it will require us to kick our thanks up a notch to get through.
The Key of Thankfulness Unlocks Even More
This door looks a little different. It is tall and red and is meant to remind you of all the lives that were lost in the previous battles and how the Lord preserved yours. Ultimately it should remind us of how Jesus sacrificed His own life and gave His blood so that we could be seen as righteous before the Father and enter into His Kingdom.
The inscription on the door is this:
Send out Resounding Shouts of Joy and Victory from Your Tent!
We are to send out shouts of joy and victory not only from our homes but from our bodies (our earthly tents). Not just once, but continually resounding. Our lives need to become instruments that continually send out the message that God is good! When we activate this key of thankfulness and enter the next level we will find these blessings there waiting for us to take hold of them for our lives.
If you have arrived at this door, it means that you have successfully battled your way through those annoying battles of life that attack each of us everyday. You have now reached a new level and are ready to move forward into your destiny. Just when you think you have this warfare thing in the bag you notice more battles on the horizon.
Thankfulness Unlocks More Blessings
- Instruction – Every new level of our faith walk comes with new instructions. Just like a loving Father, God will begin to train us so that we cam operate at our full potential. That may mean learning to be patient and honing listening skills. It also may mean changing some old ways.
- Correction – Wait! Correction is a blessing? Remember that the Lord disciplines those He loves. The only way of getting closer to Him is by removing our old clothes (sinful ways and habits) and putting on new ones (Righteousness of Jesus). To keep us on the right path, God has no choice but to lovingly show you when you take a wrong turn.
And even more!
- Salvation from certain death.
- Passage through the Gate of Righteousness
- New vision so that you can understand the mysteries of God
- Granted success
- Blessings and the ability to bless others
- His light will shine on you
This one is just a bonus!
An invitation to take part in a magnificent celebration and sending offerings to the Lord!
If that is not enough to make you continually shout, I don’t know what will.
Check it out for yourself! Read Psalms 118 and asked the Lord to reveal something to you.
Just as negativity wears off on others, so does thankfulness.
Join me in changing the atmosphere of our homes. Today, in the words of Paul, I will continually give thanks for you, our readers, and thank you for the opportunity to share with you what I am learning on my journey.
Here are some more great ideas for your family that you can download for free! I hope you enjoy these activities and let me know how your family enjoyed using them:)