Do you ever grow tired of spending your day putting out fires? Breaking up arguments, cleaning up messes, smoothing over misunderstandings, and countless other frustrations can cause your family to burn out or go up in flames!
The fires of the Holy Spirit can stop any fiery dart the enemy may throw your way.
We welcome you to Igniting Families as we embark on an adventure to stop the fires of the enemy by starting a few of our own.
At Igniting Families we want to help and equip families to:
- Ignite spiritual revival in the home
- Embrace the Refiners Fire and conform to His image
- Become families who shine His light for others
- Discover methods of fireproofing your home from the enemy
- Raise supernatural kids who intimately know God and follow Him all their lives
Let’s reclaim the promises God has given us by discovering how to have families that honor purity, are committed to prayer, are filled with a passion for The Father, and are following His purpose in their lives.
Meet the McFarlands
David and I both come from large families. I am the youngest of four girls and he is second in line of five siblings, three boys and two girls.
We have lots of family experience.
- Single Parenting
- Marriage (of course)
- Blended families
- Becoming In-laws
- Teen to tots
- Caring for aging parents and loss of parents
- And most recently grandparents!
The Lord remarkably took two broken people, reshaped and restored them to make our beautiful family.
Mrs. Madaline and Coach Mac are the names we are known by most.
For me that name comes from serving the Lord 18 years in Children’s Ministry and for David from his career as an elementary P.E. teacher. We both feel the calling to see kids and families reach their full potential in Christ by becoming who God has planned for them to be.
Some fun facts about me:)
- I am a social butterfly. I love to hear peoples stories.
- I always diet and rarely exercise.
- I never played sports, but love to snow ski.
- I mostly read non-fiction books.
- My favorite movie is Jack the Giant Slayer.
Some fun facts about David:)
- He is more reserve than me in a crowd, but among friends is quite the comedian.
- He always exercises but rarely diets.
- He has played every sport, excelled at most, but never snow skied.
- He reads mostly fiction books.
- His favorite movie is The Outlaw of Josey Wells.
Together we share life.
David and I have 3 amazing boys, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and a perfect grandson;) Currently we have one in graduate, high and middle school. Between them they write music, sing and dance, make stop motion videos, and play lots of ball. We have a guitarist, a drummer, and one learning saxophone.
We also have a gecko and a sometimes bad kitty.
Thanks for letting us share a little bit about our family.
We hope to get to know your family too!
From Our Family to Yours…Let’s go start some FIRES!
David and Madaline